WWOOFing it Up in Kiwiland: organic farming in New Zealand 2012

3 years later and life brings me back to New Zealand. This time for a longer period, for a different purpose, with a different outlook on life than last time. I hope what transpires from a few years of travelling as far and as wide as possible across this beautiful country is a basic but decent knowledge and experience in organic farming, self sustainable living, and food production. Come and join me, there's loads of room in the car.

Thursday 1 October 2009

today's blog: (the pragmatist's version ~ PLAN) Activists, Pragamatists, Theorists & Reflectors...



So yesterday was another successful session with a group that needs it and doesn't even realise how much it needs it. Impatience for development is a familiar anxiety surfacing my conscious practice of community development work. The founding member's inability /resistence to plan development, seems to be strangling the latent collective action of the group to create a better deal for the unemployed...it's a shame but what can I do in only 4 weeks when the founder was only asking me last week to proceed on a one-to-one basis with her? Like I said, I am not a personal development trainer nor a life coach.

As a result, I seriously doubt/ predict that it is impossible to evidence the performance criteria in my portfolio required to pass this unit for 3rd year. The portfolio is lacking multi-dimensionality; it's mainly strengthening groups. Ok, yes, this is very important but this group is nowhere near getting to the next stage and I am meant to evidence working with a group at a later stage of Tuckman's group development.

The pragmatist in me wonders what's the purpose of starting something that's never going to get finished. And frustrated that it's never going to get finished. And then the activist in me tells the pragmatist to shut up...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home